You can make a living making a difference by joining the team of dynamic instructors at Equi-First Aid USA
A difference in:
> the lives of horses
> the knowledge and confidence of horse owners
> your own life... financially, spiritually and in the time you get to spend with your family
If accepted in to the program, instructor candidates are provided with:
- a comprehensive welcome e-booklet
- pre-course first aid study manuals
- three fun but intensive days of hands-on training (online option also available)
- marketing and business development manual
- powerpoint presentations
- access to a closed Facebook Workplace group
- access to a closed instructors-only area of the website
- follow-up support from senior instructors
- ongoing support and referrals from Head Office
- company vest and certificate of achievement
Tuition is tax deductible as a business expense
Tuition for your training is only $2,999 - an investment in YOUR business!
Our instructors enjoy an excellent profit teaching
Apply today or contact us to learn more! Want to chat with some existing instructors? We can put you in touch!
*refunds will not be issued to failed or withdrawn students. Tuition is non-transferable*
1. The EFAI will at all times consider the needs and safety of the horse(s) while teaching first aid, in order to ensure proper care and treatment of the horse.
2. The EFAI is not a Doctor of Veterinarian Medicine and will not identify him or herself in any such capacity, nor diagnose illness or condition nor provide advice nor administer medications.
3. Horses are living, breathing, reacting animals. While teaching, the EFAI will consider the safety of the students at all times.
4. The EFAI will provide first aid services for any horse that may require it, contacting the local veterinarian as necessary.
5. The EFAI is representing Equi-First Aid USA and Equi-Health Canada and will strive to maintain the high standards set for EFA Instructors.
6. The EFAI is responsible for ensuring that all students leave his or her course with an acceptable level of understanding of the course content.
7. The EFAI will strive to improve his or her equine knowledge and skills, and is encouraged to collaborate with other professionals in the equine world.
8. The EFAI is entitled to charge fees for professional services, however regardless of fees charged or received, the quality of instruction must be maintained with the usual professional standard.
9. The EFAI will carry personal liability teaching insurance and will present to host and/or student upon request.
10. The EFAI will, at all times, conduct him/herself with the utmost level of professionalism.
Q. Is the tuition tax deductible?
A. YES! It can be claimed as a business expense.
Q. How long will it take me to recover my investment?
A. You'll earn back your tuition fee with each student you teach, so every instructor is different.
Q. What does my tuition include?
A. You'll receive a welcome e-booklet right away that helps you get started (the most successful instructors 'hit the ground running'). We then mail out your pre-course study materials which includes your instructor teaching manuals for basic, advanced, fundamentals, and I can help. The course itself is 3 days in length, and is a very BUSY and exhausting (but fun!) time. We provide all the meals during training, the host location, and all teaching materials and supplies. Some locations have onsite accommodation (just ask). Upon graduation you will be awarded a vest with the company logo embroidered on as well as the word 'INSTRUCTOR'. We also provide you with a vital signs kit, course outlines, a PowerPoint presentation that guides you through the courses, a private Facebook instructors group, a private instructors resource page complete with demonstration videos, marketing posters and more. You will be 100% set up and ready to teach upon graduation! We also provide marketing and business development on an ongoing basis.
Q. When I take the training, do I work for Equi-First Aid?
A. Students who successfully complete the instructor training course become independent contractors for Equi-First Aid, not an employee. That means that you get to write off all your equine related expenses (including a portion of your horses at home provided you teach there once a year), travel and teach when and where and how often you want! We have instructors across Canada, the United States, France, Switzerland, Australia....
Q. Do I have to find my own courses to teach?
A. Yes and No. We market together. Part of your training includes marketing of your own courses and we encourage you to use your contacts in the horse world, however we also market heavily for our instructors through social media campaigns, magazine and print ads, post and market your courses on the website, send you leads and refer students and host locations to you.
Q. Are there territories?
A. No. Territories are unnecessary. Not only do we currently offer 7 different training courses, but there are nearly 5 million people involved with horses in the United States, 1 million in Canada, 1.2 million riders in the UK... so there is plenty of clients for all our instructors to travel and teach wherever they want! We have one instructor who teaches at a guest ranch in Costa Rica every year. You are eligible to teach anywhere you'd like...... get that passport out!
Q. Why is it so expensive?
A. Unlike other programs for coaching or even human first aid that take an unlimited number of students, we take an absolute maximum of 30 per year across Canada and the US combined, and only that many if the market can bear it. We want instructors on our team who are willing to put forth an investment in themselves.... frankly we find they have better success.
Q. Are there payment plans?
A. Yes. You can split the tuition in to a maximum of four equal payments. Certification is not awarded, however, until payment is made in full. *refunds will not be issued to failed or withdrawn students. Tuition is non-transferable*
Q. So how does it 'work' when I teach?
A. Once you have a class scheduled at your own ranch or a host location, we advertise your course on the company website and you advertise locally. The primary course is offered nation-wide at the standard fee of $159.00. You collect the fees from your students directly. You then order your course manuals from Head Office at a cost of $40.00 per student (includes their first aid manual, certificate of completion and normal/abnormal card). You will be responsible for your own teaching insurance and soft goods. Don't worry - we will go through all the 'business' end of things in your training and you have unlimited phone coaching available!
Q. Do I have to re-certify at any point?
A. Yes, your certification is valid for 3 years. After 3 years you can re-certify via online exam, to obtain your lifetime certification and senior instructor status. This is a one-time cost of $299 and includes a short online exam.
Q. What kind of support do I have?
A. We really are a family. We have a private instructors only page on the website where you can download handouts, marketing ideas, sample posters and brochures, sample forms, emails, photos for marketing, etc. We also have a closed Facebook group where instructors from across the world can share ideas, stories, and the like.
We also have an bi-ennial instructor conference. It isn't mandatory to attend however there is always great camaraderie, learning, updates on new ideas coming through and future programs we are developing, and it is a load of FUN.
Senior instructors are always available for phone or email support as well.
Q. Sounds great - how do I register?
A. Click the apply button to start your journey towards your dream job!
(Make sure you've read the code of ethics form first, as they will form part of your instructor agreement.)
Copyright © 2023 Equi-First Aid USA - All Rights Reserved.